Saturday, May 4, 2013

I walked...

a 5k today to show my support for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI.)

I know a lot of people that would have ran. It took all the juice I had to walk. Houston isn't a particularly hilly place. We're only a hundred feet or so above sea level. Growing up, the biggest hill any kid could find to use as a ramp for their skateboard was someone's driveway. I swear, during this walk, I was transported to another state. The nice flat road I saw at the beginning of the walk morphed into a black diamond run somewhere in Rockies.

My knees hurt. My back hurts. My feet really, really, really hurt. The little spot on my forehead between the top of my Team Normal Schmormal visor and my hairline got sunburnt and THAT hurts too.

But...

I finished it.

I didn't run. I didn't even walk quickly.

But...

I didn't quit.

And that's saying something.

One step at a time...

1 comment:

  1. You did good Naomi!! I was out of breath just walking up from the parking garage.

    ReplyDelete