Friday, October 22, 2010

Five months from...

today will be my fortieth birthday. Yes. I admitted it. I will be turning the big "4-0." I've never been one to make New Year's Resolutions. My "new year" is always marked by my birthday. When I turned 39 (otherwise known as the year of pushing the dark side of 40)...I told myself that I was going to dedicate the entire year to MYSELF. It's bad enough that my hair's been going grey since I was 17; the idea of being a fat and unhealthy forty year old is unacceptable.

The finish line is within reach. The math adds up. Five months. Forty more pounds to lose before I'm forty years old. It's taken a LOT of work, but so far I'm down 58 pounds from my maximum density...the weight I was at during the weeks after my thyroidectomy. Right now, I "only" have to keep up a loss pace of two pounds a week to stay on track. If I can do that, my body fat percentage will be back where it was when I was a slightly grey haired 17 year old. Not so bad, eh?

I saw two things today that stuck a cord with me....

"If you can't, you must. If you must, you can." - Anthony Robbins

Normally, Anthony Robbins annoys the hell out of me, but something about this quote got me. When I was trying to knock out my sets of pull-ups on the assisted pull-up machine this morning (3 sets of 20 at 1/2 my body weight)...the thought, "I can't!" entered my head. This quote got me through...because, you see, I must.

On a lighter note was the quip on the back of my trainer's shirt:

"OWN THE BOOTIE!!"

If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does. Ass, I OWN you now! Mwahahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude. You will certainly make your goal. I like some of the Anthony Robbins stuff too, but in very small doses. Keep your eye on the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! If nothing else, an Anthony Robbins likeness would make a helluva good punching bag. :)

    ReplyDelete