Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm finally getting...

back on track! I hadn't been tracking my food, or following the plan I laid out for myself, or even blogging about all the ups and downs, but I'm here now and DOING IT ALL! So what if I blew the first weeks of the year? Some lessons are learned the hard way. I'm not going to live in the past. I'm going to live for NOW...and NOW I'm knocking them out of the ballpark. I'm eating right again (if you don't count the bag of Cheetos I scarfed at my son's debate tournament this weekend.) I'm getting more much needed sleep. I'm back to work with my trainer, Danielle, and rapidly regaining the massive amount of strength I lost while I was out of commission with the #@$@! vertigo. Life, for the most part, is pretty darn good.

It's amazing how things fall into place when I get up off my ass and DO what I know I need to do. It reminds me so much of what I learned at fat camp. While I was there, I consistently lost between 3 and 5 pounds a week. I think that was a pretty darn good percentage for someone my size. (I could be a LOT heavier, you know?) There were some other people there that didn't hit the same numbers. Invariably, they were the people that "tweaked" the program...a skipped workout here...an extra spoon of salad dressing there...and so on. They always had some sort of excuse about slow metabolism or whatever. I've used all the same excuses and know them much too well...but, as I said then and repeat now: IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT.

So, that's what I'm trying to do. In order to meet my primary goal, I have to lose an average of nearly 5 pounds a week (yes, I KNOW it's a LOT - but it's also very much within the realm of possibility - I'm already down 2 in the past 2 days!) between now and my birthday. I won't beat myself up emotionally if I don't get there BY my birthday, because I know I will get there...and soon. Regardless, I'm getting stronger and more fit every day and that's more important than the number on the scale.

Ass, you only THOUGHT you had me under the barrel. You were mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment