Wednesday, September 8, 2010

As you all know, after countless hours....

of hobbling around on crutches, sitting in the easy chair of doom and gloom, whining to myself about being broken and CONSOLING myself with ice cream and chips, I was finally released to do physical therapy. After countless additional hours of physical therapy, I was finally released to workout on my own. After finding the world's coolest trainer, (no offense to my friends in Utah) I started working out again. I also scheduled the ROAD TRIP TO FAT CAMP!!

I made it. Alive. WITHOUT FRENCH FRIES!! We all knew it would be an epic struggle. Believe it or not, Naomi conquered the beast. I'm not sure that I've ever been more proud of myself for a particular accomplishment. Let me think about it for a few moments....................Nope.....pretty sure.....Yep....a twenty some odd hour drive without stopping for french fries is one of my greatest feats in life. Granted, I've accomplished many things that are way more important to other people, but accomplishing this was important to me in both a big and a small way. The small way is easy to explain....I simply didn't need to consume the extra calories. The big way is harder....I guess it's just that I needed to prove to myself that I was in control of my food and not the other way around. Because once I truly believe that, the rest of this stuff will be a cinch! One step at a time ass, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment