Friday, September 24, 2010

My third weigh in day...

is tomorrow morning. I am actually excited. Freaky, eh? I've been feeling good this week. And STRONGER. Stronger is good. Not just stronger physically, either. I've been feeling stronger mentally too. The more I accomplish at the gym, the more I realize that I can get to where I'm going. I might not get there tomorrow...or even next week, but my goals ARE achievable. It's a good feeling to KNOW that again.

You know what else makes me feel strong? Kickboxing! Who would have ever thought that Little Miss Zen Yoga Lover (aka Freakishly Flexible) would fall in love with beating the everliving crap out of a heavy bag to hip-hop music?? I certainly would never have guessed (ok, well secretly I knew - but I never would have ADMITTED it!)...but I love boxing. I'm not so sure about the kicking part because of my stupid knee...but I do love punching things. So, Ass, when this is all said and done, you'd better watch out...because if I could have a body like anyone's it'd be Laila Ali.

Think it's impossible, Ass? Like Laila's Dad, Muhammad Ali, said:

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment