Sunday, January 31, 2010

This time next week...

I'll be on an airplane on my way to Utah! Holy crap! I'm simply nowhere close to ready. Nope. Not ready to go at all. My husband's still sick as a dog. I've been fighting off the bronchitis pretty well, but I've had a migraine for the past two days that has totally put me out of commission. Stupid migraines. Stupid generic vs. brand name medications. They're NOT the same! (But that's a story for another post.)

So, I've got ONE WEEK to prepare for a month of fat camping...boot camping...belly busting...exercising...dieting..."zumbaing"...habit breaking...brain washing....whatever they're going to do to me.

Before I leave:

1. I have to figure out how to teach my kids how to do their own laundry without killing the septic system. It would also be swell if they could learn how to put out the kitchen trash and maybe load the dishwasher. I'm dreaming, but whatever.
2. I have to figure out how to pack a MONTH'S worth of stuff into two suitcases measuring no more than 62 total inches and weighing no more than 50 pounds each. It doesn't matter that I'm going to have access to a washing machine and dryer. Considering the facts that I can't carry on toiletries, I have to bring ski clothes (including my BOOTS), and my PILLOW, and several pairs of shoes, this is going to be a trick that defies all known laws of physics.
3. I have to kick this head cold and headache or I'm going to be useless when I get there.
4. I have to impress upon my children how important it is for them to keep in touch with me while I'm gone...just because they won't be seeing me at night doesn't mean that I'm not going to want to know how they're doing.
5. I probably ought to box up the Christmas stuff that's all gathered in my dining room. It will be February tomorrow. On the other hand, we really don't use the dining room that often. I wonder if anyone would notice if I just left it there till next Thanksgiving when we wanted to put it up again. Probably. Next year, I want to go to Fiji or something for Christmas and skip the whole decorating thing. It's fun to get things out but it sucks to put it all away.
6. Physical preparation. For the most part, I've been trying to eat better since I made the decision to take this trip. There have been some lapses, sure...but mostly. I'm wondering right now if I should do something hard core like go on a juice fast...or redo the Quick Weight Loss Centers prep (pretty much Atkins - one egg- one orange - all you can eat protein and raw green vegetables)...or if I should just keep doing what I've been doing and trying to eat lean protein, low fat, high fiber, low calories...OR if I should just say screw it and try to eat all the stuff I'm not going to be able to have while I'm gone. I could really use some pizza right now! They opened a GRIMALDI'S not too far from me!! Oh my God...It's not as good as the one in Brookyln, but it's close! Maybe if I WALKED there it would all balance out?
7. Mental preparation. I'm scared. I'm not sure how to get past that. I'm scared I won't be successful and this will be a big investment down the drain. I'm scared that I'll lose a lot of weight while I'm gone and then gain it all back when I get home. I'm scared that something horrible will happen while I'm gone and I won't be home to deal with it. I'm scared my family won't miss me. I'm scared that I'll miss them so much that I won't want to stay. How do I fix all that? I don't really know. I bite the bullet and go anyway...learn everything I can and hope for the best. Writing my thoughts helps me process...so I'll keep doing that too. Maybe it will help.

I'm sure that I've got more major items for my "to do" list...but for right now, I'm going to go finish the laundry and vacuum and then maybe take a nap to keep my immune system pumping. I can hear my husband coughing from the bedroom...over the sound of the television and the dishwasher. Scary. Who would have told him to go to the doctor if I hadn't been home? Ugh. See what I mean?

Ciao,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment