Thursday, January 28, 2010

The VERY FIRST post!

Okey Dokey...I promised myself I'd start a "blog" so that I'd have:

a) a place to journal whatever came to mind about all this weight loss/dieting/exercising stuff

and

b) a place for my friends, family, and I guess total and complete strangers to come look and see what I've been doing, thinking, EATING, etc....and hold me accountable....therefore contributing to my ultimate success!

I'm leaving for FAT CAMP (otherwise known as Real Life Fitness and Health) in just a little over a week. I'm excited and totally terrified and very, very, very hungry. As a matter of fact, the more I think about the fact that I'm going to be out in the middle of nowhere...somewhere off in Utah in a house run by healthy, skinny, fit people (who are probably Mormons and will take away my Diet Mountain Dew! EEEEK!)...the hungrier I get!

Here's a list of some of the foods that I'm really going to miss, a LOT:

McDonald's french fries (aren't they just perfect?)
Wendy's $.99 chicken nuggets (embarrassing but true!)
Chocolate...in any form except the dark kind that's supposed to be "healthy"
"Real" salad dressing
Jalapeno potato chips
Fried wasabi peas
Haribo Gummi Bears
BBQ!!!


I could totally make a meal out of any or all of those things right now. Alas, I've been TRYING to prepare myself (albeit with a lot of lapses) for my trip...sooooooo I'll probably have some more skinless, boneless chicken breast and steamed veggies for dinner again. Yum. :/

This should be an interesting project. I'm going to try to post something frequently....possibly even learn how to put pictures on here as well.

Once upon a time, I was healthy and fit and had a nice firm tush that could be shown off in public!! For heaven's sake, I taught scuba diving....spent my days working in a BIKINI! It's my goal (in spite of the battle scars from giving birth to my two gorgeous boys....both teenagers now) to be able to be seen in a bikini in public again before my 40th b-day.

Join me and MY INCREDIBLE SHRINKING ASS on our journey....I'm certain that it will be an interesting ride!

Best wishes and happy travels,
Naomi

2 comments:

  1. I have read your blog and was wondering how you are doing? Are you going to Blog while at the "Fat Farm" or is that not allowed? I'm seriously considering the same program that you are on, or did you ever start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "Anonymous"...Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I haven't been doing a good job keeping up with this for the past couple weeks. Whatever bug my family and I caught...we've been down for the count. I had to reschedule my trip. I'm leaving on 2/28 now instead and will be in Utah for 4 weeks. I will be blogging as often as possible while I'm there. Right now, I'm just trying to get myself and my family ready for my extended absense...SCARY!! Best wishes, Naomi

    ReplyDelete