Saturday, March 13, 2010

According to the...

scale at the doctor's office this morning, I've lost eleven pounds between now and the last time I was there. I'm quite certain that I didn't lose very much, if any, of that weight prior to leaving for Utah...soooooooo...without having had a final weigh in because I bugged out early on sick leave...I'd have to say that's what I lost while I was there. I was at Real Life for eleven days and out of that, I was either bloated up like a balloon and covered in hives and/or coughing like a 80 year old chain smoker for about five days. I'm bad at math, but...work with me here...11-5=6 days of full blown, die hard, winner-take-all, give it all I had working out. And in that time, I lost ELEVEN POUNDS!! That's flippin' amazing! Even when I take into account the fact that I was only eating 1200 calories a day...less towards the end when I was really sick. Woohoo! :)

So...what to do now? I want to keep up the momentum. How to do that? Dunno. Right now, I'm sitting in a recliner with ice on my boogered up knee. My doctor was nice enough to give me a prescription this morning for my gazillionth round of antibiotics in the past couple of months to clear up the case of bronchitis and inner ear infection I picked up. I don't think that I'll be running (or even walking very quickly) on the treadmill for a bit. What can I control? I can control what goes in my mouth. I can keep from hobbling over to the pantry right now and getting into whatever junk food is lurking in there. I can think long and hard about the work it takes to burn off those calories. Easy come...HARD to go.

2 comments:

  1. Naomi can you swim for exercise? Your in Texas, right? It's hot right? Even if you can just tread water its better than nothing. Im so sorry that you had such a terrible experience at camp. I was looking forward to your post. You are so funny. Now I know why Christy hasn't responded to my email about wifi. Sounds like I won't have any time to work! On paper anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim...Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...I've been hopped up on Vicodin and didn't think writing was such a great idea. From the post I just did about pizza, I can tell I was dead on! PLEASE don't get me wrong. I had a great time at camp and totally plan on returning as soon as my knee heals up. I love to swim (don't have access to a pool right now - there's two in my neighborhood, but they're GROSS!)...but I'll be doing that and anything else I'm allowed to do as soon as the doctor gives me the all clear. Right now, I'm not supposed to be doing ANYTHING but the bare minimum...i.e. walking to the bathroom from the bed to the chair and back again. You get the idea. I'll find out tomorrow (Monday 3/29) the rest of the plan. Fingers crossed and prayers prayed! In the meantime...you will have wireless access at camp, but you'll probably be too tired to use it during the week. :) AND please, please, please don't think that you're going to have a bad time or be scared because I got hurt...it really wasn't anyone's fault at all!!

    ReplyDelete