Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I just signed up...

on www.fitday.com. With my knee all boogered up (I'll find out on Monday whether or not I'm going to need surgery)...keeping track of what goes into my mouth is going to be paramount! I spent 30 minutes this afternoon wracking my brain, trying to remember if I'd eaten breakfast or not. Thirty minutes! (I know it was 30 minutes because there was a 30 minute t.v. show on in the background.) I finally gave up trying access that piece of information from the memory banks. I STILL don't know.

Based on that lack of knowledge...which is either caused by early onset senility or the VERY STRONG narcotic pain medication I'm taking for my knee, I decided that having a place to keep track of what I'm eating seemed like a good idea. I've learned the hard way that an Oreo here...a chicken wing there...a Frosty on the way home from work....a handful of whatever...all of those little bits and pieces of things that I can eat without really THINKING add up to a LOT of calories. This website is free...most of the others charge. Free is good. It has places to track food, activity (won't be using that very much for a while), moods, measurements, weight, goals, a journal, and message boards. I might be forgetting something, but you get the idea.

Hopefully, between that...and this...and the fact that my family is gung ho to help me right now, I'll be able to stay on track. I don't want to regain the weight I've lost and even if I can't get a lot of exercise for a while I really don't want to give up the fight in the epic war against my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment