Sunday, February 28, 2010

I made it...

to FAT CAMP! It took a ton of research, a bout with the plague, a ridiculous amount of overpacking, a lot of tears shed at the airport hugging my husband and kids goodbye, but I'm here. I'm sitting in a very nice kitchen/breakfast/family room at Real Life Fitness and Health typing this on my laptop and watching the United States hockey team getting their asses handed to them by the Canadians.

My flight was uneventful. I'd forgotten how much nicer it is to fly first class. What a score on those upgrades, eh? (The Canadian stuff must be rubbing off on me.) It wasn't much more to upgrade than it would have cost to check my bags...always lovely to have a hot towel and a CLEAN bathroom when you're flying.

I was deliriously happy to find my limo driver when I walked down to the baggage claim. Being generally unobservant of my surroundings (I've walked right by my Mom at the mall before), I've never had good luck noticing a stranger just because they were holding a sign with my name on it. This driver was smart enough to use nice big block letters, my WHOLE name instead of just my last, and, most importantly, to stand in a place where I couldn't possibly miss walking past him. Smart kid. I should have taken his picture...he looked freakishly like John Cusack from his "Say Anything" era.

So...I'm here...I've been given a water bottle (good thing because it's the one thing I didn't pack)...a binder full of instructions and notes for people that don't know how to take their own notes...a t-shirt that I'm supposed to wear tomorrow in case I get lost...and strict instructions to be up and ready to go at 5:40 in the morning tomorrow.

What will I be doing tomorrow? From what I understand, finding out just how fat, precisely, my ass actually is. Oh boy.

Oh and getting more athletic shoes!! Yippee!! :)


  1. I wanna hear more.............too tired to blog? Im signed up for April 11 and just had surgery on my big toe. Hopefully I will be healed enough for the program???????

  2. Hey Kim...Yes, sorry, I've been way too tired to blog...also sick a couple days. I don't know what to tell you about your toe other than that if you don't feel like you're at 100% or pretty close to it, I'd say wait. Do what you can do at home...start walking on the treadmill or getting on an elliptical if it doesn't hurt too much and come here when you're completely healed. This is rough..but competely worth it! Best thing I've ever done for myself! Best wishes, Naomi :)